BEHAVIOUR AND DISCIPLINE
Richmond Park Academy regards its behaviour policy as pivotal to developing each child as an individual and to develop their potential to the fullest. The aim of the policy is to outline for all members of our Academy community a range of strategies to:
- Promote good behaviour and discipline
- Enable students to behave well, and the approaches to use when students misbehave
- Promote, among students, self-discipline and proper regard for authority and positive relationships based on mutual respect
- Encourage good behaviour and respect for others on the part of students and, in particular, prevent all forms of bullying between students
- Ensure a standard of student behaviour that is not detrimental to learning, is acceptable to all, and is of the highest standards at all times, both within the Academy and the local community.
- Ensure fairness of treatment for all
- Encourage consistency of response to both positive and negative behaviour
- Encourage a positive relationship with parents and carers to develop a shared approach to involve them in the implementation of the Academy’s policy and associated procedures
The policy makes clear which members of staff have specific responsibility for key areas of sanctions, and for promoting good behaviour on and off site.
At Richmond Park Academy we are committed to promoting the welfare of each and every student and to ensure that bullying and/or discrimination does not take place. In particular, we are aware of the needs of some children who may need special and/or additional support for modifying their behaviour. Vulnerable students, including looked-after children, children with SEN, physical or mental health needs, will receive additional support according to their behavioural need.
Read the full Behaviour Policy.