posted 13 Jun 2013, 07:35 by Comms Admin
updated 13 Jun 2013, 07:38
Submitted by admin.rpa on Mon, 11/19/2012 - 10:38
Richmond Primary Schools' Film Competition 2013 aims to give all children in LBRuT primary schools the opportunity to write, produce, direct, shoot, perform in and edit their own film or animation so it can be screened to an audience of all participating primary schools in the borough. As part of this Richmond Park Academy have won a £6000 bid to support the competition.
The bid money will be used to:
- Support the Lights! Camera! Action! film and animation competition (click here for more information) by lending digital video cameras for use during a CPD day in January
- Some of our students will be able to visit our quindrat primary schools to help pupils create videos for the competition
- Our students will also record short ‘how-to’ videos to help with using film-editing software and cameras
- We plan to run short sessions for our quindrat primary school teachers and pupils on film editing techniques and using cameras
- We will host the ‘Oscars’ event in June for all primary schools nominated as winners in the Lights! Camera! Action! competition
This project will help to build even stronger links with our local primary schools, complementing our existing range of programs supporting secondary school transition and giving our students digital media challenges.