Can you help us to help our 6th form students be the best that they can be?
Richmond Park Academy’s (RPA) has ambitious plans for its highly engaged, thoughtful and articulate new
sixth form and we are looking to the local community to help us put them into practice by becoming one of our
What’s the job description?
- Our Business Mentors will have a professional or business background. Their mentoring will be based on
discussion and coaching and will vary depending on the pupil being mentored
- Mentoring could include setting goals, advice on career progression, helping to overcome barriers to
progress, boosting confidence, offering networking opportunities. However, the most important attribute
is the ability to listen and offer impartial advice
- This is an ambitious project to match our ambition for our sixth form so we are looking for 30 Business
How many children and how often?
What’s in it for me?
- Our Business Mentors will have 1 to 2 students to work with. We would suggest one meeting per half
term but the arrangement is completely flexible.
If you think you could be one of our 30, contact us now to find out how to take it further. Be assured, you will
have started on a path where you will make a genuine difference.
- This is a volunteer post but it offers the opportunity to be involved in your local, community secondary
school in a very exciting period in its development
- You will be helping to send our young people into the outside world brimming with confidence and a
positive attitude knowing that they have a strong network of support behind them so it will generate a real
sense of self worth in those that get involved
For further information please contact
Director of Sixth Form Studies